Waxing Frequently asked Questions and Answers
Q. What is the differences between the different bikini waxes at The Beauty House?
- Standard Bikini Line: We remove hair from the sides of the bikini area.
- Extended Bikini Line: Hair is removed from the sides and underneath top part of the leg
- G String Bikini: This follows the line of a g-string bikini and hair is removed from the buttock and intimate bum
- Brazilian: We remove all hair from underneath and from between the buttocks. Only a strip or small triangle of hair is left at the front.
- XXX: Everything is taken off.
Q. What should I do to prepare for my waxing?
- Prior to your visit to the salon don’t use any lotions or oils on the areas you are having waxed. Any products will hinder the wax from sticking to the skin.
- Please shower or bath before your appointment.
- If your hair is longer than a quarter inch, please make sure you trim the hair with scissors or clippers. This will help make your waxing less painful.
Q. I’m pregnant but I want a bikini wax, what do you recommend?
- Waxing during pregnancy is very popular especially now that people know that our wax is less painful.
- Our therapists are trained to ensure that all parts of the body are waxed comfortably and safely.
- The Brazilian or XXX is a very popular treatment one week or before the due date.
Q: Can I still have a bikini wax when I am on my period?
A: Yes! We recommend you wear a freshly changed tampon before going into your treatment.
Q: What is the etiquette for the various types of waxing on offer?
- Standard Bikini Line: you will be given the option to wear our paper knickers or your if you prefer you can wear your own knickers.
- If you do wear your own underwear we can’t accept responsibility for spillage of wax or oil on your garment.
- For G-String, Brazilian or XXX it is helpful not to wear knickers but we can work around our disposable knickers if you are uncomfortable without
Q. As a male client what happens if I become aroused?
- Sometimes male clients become aroused during waxing, please don’t worry or feel embarrassed. You therapist will remain professional and continue waxing.
Q. Is there anything else I need to know about the waxing treatment?
- Waxing is a popular treatment for millions of women and men, so there’s no need to be anxious. We may ask you during the treatment to pull your skin so that it is taught, this helps in reducing pain.
Q. What after-care do I need to follow?
We recommend you keep the waxed area clean and avoid heat & friction during the 24 hours after your treatment. This means:
- No hot baths or showers (warm water only)
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments
- No tanning (sunbathing, sun beds or fake tans)
- No sport, gym, work or other exercise.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands
- Avoid swimming chlorinated pools
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products
- to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
Q. How long will the waxed area be hair free?
- You may notice a small amount of growth after a week or so. It can take up to four treatments for your hair to get into a growth cycle that gives best results. We recommend waxing every 3 to 4 weeks to maintain your smooth appearance.
Please note: Some slight soreness, small bumps & redness are common & perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first wax.
These symptoms should subside over 24-48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.